Do you need to immigrate to the United States to carry out medical treatment for yourself or a family member?
Continue reading to find out how and who can request it.
What is needed to obtain a visa for medical treatment?
To enter the United States, to carry out medical treatment, you should obtain a tourist B1 / B2 visa and you may also do it without a visa if your country of nationality is included in the Visa Waiver Program.
Generally, when you enter with the tourist visa to carry out medical treatment, the Immigration officer grants a 180-day authorization to stay in the United States. If medical treatment requires the immigrant to stay a longer time than the time granted by the Immigration officer, an extension of stay may be requested
How do I apply for a tourist visa to carry out the medical treatment?
It is necessary to demonstrate that you have the income or financial resources necessary to pay for the treatment and the entire stay in the United States.
Likewise, it must be demonstrated that you have Medical Insurance. By doing so, it is shown that you or your family will not become a public burden on the United States government.
How do I carry out medical treatment without having a tourist visa?
If you are a citizen of a country that is part of the Visa Waiver Program, you have the possibility of entering the United States without a visa.
Without a tourist visa, you can only stay within the United States for a maximum period of 90 days. If the treatment requires a prolonged stay, it cannot be extended, except in extraordinary circumstances.
Best Hospitals in the United States
Annually, the magazine “U.S. News & World Report” chooses the 10 best hospitals for medical treatment.
1) Hospital M.D Anderson Cáncer Center, Houston. It is considered the best hospital in the world to perform cancer treatments, for both children and adults.
2) Memorial Sloan-Ketterling, NY
3) Cancer Treatment – Clínica Mayo, Minnesota. With branches in Florida and Arizona.
4) Dana Farber Institute, Boston. It specializes in childhood cancer.
5) Cleveland Clinic, Ohio. Among the different specializations they provide, is the treatment of abnormal cell growth during pregnancy.
6) Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore. It specializes in breast cancer and bone marrow transplants.
7) Seattle Cancer Alliance, Washington. It provides excellent treatments in different types of diseases, including cancer.
8) H. Lee Moffit Center, Michigan. Treatments for all kinds of rare cancers or with bad diagnoses are made.
9) San Francisco Medical Center, California. It is a pioneer in genetic, immunological and cellular investigations that affect cancer.
10) Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Pennsylvania. They specialize in proton therapy and immunological treatments.
I invite you to read our article about how to emigrate to the United States with Kids ! Here
It should be noted that most hospitals in the United States require, to accept and admit foreign patients, that they pay all medical expenses prior to starting the treatment. In the event that, at the end of the treatment, the medical expenses are less than the amount paid, within 30 days the hospital returns the credit in your favor
I hope you liked this information and it has been of value!
We invite you to visit our page at Vargas Law Group